Keep track of your health
The MyHQ247 patient portal is all about convenience. Log on to the MyHQ247 patient portal, and you can securely access your medical records for all Health Quest sites of care, including our four hospitals—Vassar Brothers Medical Center, Putnam Hospital, Northern Dutchess Hospital and Sharon Hospital—and the Heart Center and Health Quest Medical Practice, P.C.
Use the enhanced MyHQ247 to:
• View lab and radiology test results.
• Securely message your outpatient providers.
• View notes from your visits.
• Request prescription renewals.
• View vaccination history.
• Pay your bill online.
Important! Expanded Access to Your Medical Information
The 21st Century Cures Act is a recent federal mandate that expands access to medical information. Pursuant to the Cures Act, Nuvance Health will release most test results (excluding genetics) and provider notes through the patient portal as soon as they are available. At Nuvance Health, this information is available through the patient portals – BeWell and MyHQ247.
Read more below.
1. Why is Nuvance Health making these enhancements?
As a federal statute, all health systems must comply with the Cures Act by April 5, 2021. Building on an existing commitment to transparency, its goals are to:
- Strengthen patient-clinician partnerships
- Enhance the patient experience
- Provide better care
2. Which patients will receive immediate access to test records?
All patients will have immediate access to test results and provider notes through their patient portal, whether they are in a hospital, urgent care center or provider practice. Genetic testing results are not subject to these requirements.
3. How will a patient receive test results and provider notes?
Healthy systems will release test results (excluding genetics) and provider notes through their portal as soon as they are available.
4. What if a person does not use the patient portal?
The patient portal is available to all Nuvance Health patients. Patients can sign up if they do not currently have access by going to the Nuvance Health website.
5. If a patient is not in the hospital, how long will it be before a provider’s office contacts the patient about results?
Nuvance Health clinical teams will provide more information about abnormal test results promptly.
This will happen:
- Within 3 business days after release for an outpatient appointment
- No later than next-day rounds for inpatient hospital encounters
6. If a patient is in the hospital, how long will it be before their provider discusses results?
Providers will update results and answer questions during their regular daily visit. If patients have questions about information in the portal, they can ask a member of the care. If a patient receives results after the provider has already done daily rounds, they will be discussed on the next visit.
7. When will a patient’s provider receive test results?
Except for genetic testing, patients will receive test results as soon as they are available. It is possible patients will see results before their provider has had an opportunity to review them. Nuvance Health will contact patients about abnormal test results as quickly as possible.
8. Why will it take up to two business days for the office to contact a patient if they are not in the hospital?
It can be concerning receiving abnormal test results without additional information. This delay gives us time to review them. If there are questions or concerns, patients may contact their provider’s office.
If you have questions about the patient portal, please contact the help desk at (877) 621-8014. If you have questions about information in your medical record, please contact your provider’s office directly.
Patient privacy and security
Your health and financial data are stored using secure encryption and security technology to protect your information. Patient information is always encrypted, firewall-protected and is under surveillance 24/7.
Manage Health Care Records of Family Members through Proxy Access
Connect Your Health Management Apps
We are dedicated to helping improve your overall health care experience by providing convenient streamlined resources to help you better manage your health.
In addition to our patient portal application, we offer the ability for you to securely connect your health record to some of the health management apps you may use (i.e. fitness trackers, dietary trackers, etc.).
This new process provides access to your health and wellness data in an app of your choosing that will enable you to make informed choices.
Once we receive your request, we will be in touch (typically within two business days) with next steps.
Please note this is NOT for obtaining access to the patient portal. To request access, please see the Enroll section to the left.