At Nuvance Health, you and your family will be treated by a general surgery team of highly experienced professionals who are committed to delivering advanced surgical care with state-of-the-art robotics and technology. The general surgery team has a focus on the abdominal organs and the torso as well as providing solutions to dermatological conditions.
Nuvance Health surgeons typically use one of two minimally invasive surgical techniques: the robotic da Vinci® surgical system or laparoscopy. In some cases, a minimally invasive approach may not be right for you. The surgeons are equally experienced in open techniques which also produce excellent outcomes. You and your doctor will discuss the best strategy to achieve the most satisfactory results.
Why Choose Us?
- The surgical team at Nuvance Health offers the latest medical advances to aid your treatment and speed your healing. We offer a high quality of care that you had to travel miles for in the past.
- The team’s use of minimally invasive techniques, including the robotic da Vinci® surgical system and laparoscopy, allows most patients to return to full activity sooner with less scarring and less pain.
- In addition to partnering with your physician, the surgeons on the medical staff have close working relationships with the team of anesthesiologists, radiologists, nurse practitioners and nurses to support every aspect of your care.
- We are here to help you understand your condition and the healing process so you can resume your life as soon as possible.
Conditions We Treat
Treatments and Technology
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Surgery to prevent persistent GERD sometimes involves a procedure to reinforce the lower esophageal sphincter, called Nissen fundoplication. In this procedure, the surgeon wraps the top of the stomach around the lower esophagus after reducing the hiatal hernia, if present. This reinforces the lower esophageal sphincter, making it less likely that acid will back up in the esophagus.
- We also offer the LINX® procedure that uses a magnetic device implanted around the esophagus to control reflux disease.
- Heller myotomy for achalasia
- Minimally invasive and robotic techniques
- We use the latest minimally invasive techniques including the robotic da Vinci® surgical system and laparoscopy to enable us to minimize incision size reducing postoperative pain. This allows our patients return to full activity sooner.
- Minimally invasive endoscopic surgery
- To treat disorders of the esophagus such as achalasia and hiatal hernias, a minimally invasive endoscopic surgery is used to resolve difficulties in swallowing and to prevent backflow of food.
- Advanced laparoscopic and robotic, minimally invasive surgery and open surgery