Migraine and other headache disorders are the eighth leading cause of disability worldwide. In the United States, at least 37 million people are affected by this disabling condition. Only 5% of these patients are properly treated and diagnosed, making effective headache care a critical need.
Our team is led by board-certified, fellowship-trained neurologists who are headache specialists. We focus on the diagnosis and treatment of primary and secondary headache disorders using patient-centered treatment to improve quality of life. Although most headaches are not life-threatening, they can be debilitating and affect work and family life. Our headache specialists offer comprehensive patient education to help patients better understand their condition for optimal relief.
Conditions We Treat
Our neurologists have specialized training and certification in the treatment and management of headaches with a thorough understanding of what may provoke or cause headaches. Primary headaches we treat include:
Headaches can vary greatly in terms of location, pain intensity and how often they occur, or if the headache starts suddenly and severely. Secondary headaches may be caused by another condition. Your headache specialist will work with you to determine the source and a treatment plan.
Some examples of treatments that our headache specialists can offer include:
- Migraine-specific “triptan” medications that are commonly used to treat migraine and cluster headaches
- Anti-nausea medication and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as naproxen and muscle relaxantsInfusions
- Anti-Calcitonin gene-related peptide receptor antagonist (CGRPs), such as medication for migraine prevention
- Prescription of neuromodulation devices
- Botox injections, which are proven to help prevent chronic migraines
- Trigger point injections
- Physical therapy
- Lifestyle changes and complementary care, including naturopathic treatments