Health Quest, Vassar Brothers Medical Center and The Heart Center are widely recognized for their outstanding performance in delivering the full spectrum of cardiac care for our patients in the Mid-Hudson Valley and northwestern Connecticut. The commitment of our doctors to diagnosing, preventing and treating cardiovascular disease with innovative procedures, better outcomes and improved quality of life is demonstrated by these marks of excellence:
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center is recognized as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report for being a High Performing Hospital in Heart Failure and COPD (2019 – 2020).
- Nineteen cardiologists from The Heart Center were named Castle Connolly Top Doctors of the Hudson Valley for 2018.
- The Heart Center:
- NCQA Recognized Practice (2014–2017)
- IAC Accredited Facility Echocardiography (2016–2018)
- IAC Accredited Facility Vascular Testing (2016–2018)
- IAC Accredited Facility Nuclear Cardiology (2016–2018)
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center has received the Mission: Lifeline® Silver PLUS Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks.
Trust your heart to our region’s leader in cardiovascular care, one that is also nationally recognized for performance and quality. Heart surgery at Vassar Brothers Medical Center has consistently excellent statistics for many surgical procedures, including:
- Low need for a further hospital admission after coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) of 7.06 percent compared to the NY State Department of Health average of 13.18 percent.
- Zero percent infections.
- One hundred percent survival for heart valve procedures.
- Our patients place us in the 99th percentile for “MD Courtesy and Respect” and “Overall Quality of Care.”
Vassar Brothers Medical Center (VBMC) has achieved three-star overall quality ratings — the highest possible ranking — in four of five cardiac surgical categories analyzed by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS). VBMC earned the high-performance ratings for its patient care and outcomes in procedures that include isolated coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), aortic valve replacement (AVR), AVR combined with CABG, and mitral valve repair and replacement. Learn more.
In the News
- New York Times, September 24, 2018, Heart Disease in a Heart Healthy Life follows a Vassar Brothers Medical Center patient and features Health Quest Physicians Ali Hammoud, MD, FACC and Jason Sperling, MD, FACS