Health Quest, Vassar Brothers Medical Center and The Heart Center are widely recognized for their outstanding performance in delivering the full spectrum of cardiac care for our patients in the Mid-Hudson Valley and northwestern Connecticut. The commitment of our doctors to diagnosing, preventing and treating cardiovascular disease with innovative procedures, better outcomes and improved quality of life is demonstrated by these marks of excellence:
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center is recognized as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report for being a High Performing Hospital in Aortic Valve Surgery, Heart Failure and Heart Bypass Surgery (2018 – 2019).
- Nineteen cardiologists from The Heart Center were named Castle Connolly Top Doctors of the Hudson Valley for 2018.
- The Heart Center:
- NCQA Recognized Practice (2014–2017)
- IAC Accredited Facility Echocardiography (2016–2018)
- IAC Accredited Facility Vascular Testing (2016–2018)
- IAC Accredited Facility Nuclear Cardiology (2016–2018)
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center has been awarded The American Heart Associations’ Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Stemi Award.
Trust your heart to our region’s leader in cardiovascular care, one that is also nationally recognized for performance and quality. Heart surgery at Vassar Brothers Medical Center has consistently excellent statistics for many surgical procedures, including:
- Low need for a further hospital admission after coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) of 7.06 percent compared to the NY State Department of Health average of 13.18 percent.
- Zero percent infections.
- One hundred percent survival for heart valve procedures.
- Our patients place us in the 99th percentile for “MD Courtesy and Respect” and “Overall Quality of Care.”
In the News
- New York Times, September 24, 2018, Heart Disease in a Heart Healthy Life follows a Vassar Brothers Medical Center patient and features Health Quest Physicians Ali Hammoud, MD, FACC and Jason Sperling, MD, FACS