When it comes to heart and vascular disease, our personalized approach helps you understand your risk for cardiovascular disease. Our cardiac wellness program supports you as you make lifestyle changes that reduce your risk and increase your health, fitness and quality of life.
You will work together with our multidisciplinary team of preventive cardiologists, exercise physiologists, nutritionists and social workers to create a personal wellness program that fits your goals.
Our preventive cardiology wellness program is designed to meet the needs of a wide variety of people including diabetics, those who have a family history of heart or vascular disease and anyone who wishes to lead a healthy well-balanced, heart disease-free life. You can take part in an innovative program that will give you all the necessary tools and get you on your personal path to long-term heart health. Give your heart a chance to function at its fullest potential.
Why Choose Us?
- Your personal preventive cardiology team includes exercise physiologists, nutritionists and social workers who share their knowledge and encourage you to reach your ideal level of cardiovascular health.
- You’ll have consistent support from our wellness program team to help you achieve your heart-health goals.
- Support services are offered in a group setting to allow you to engage with and support others who are on a similar heart-health wellness journey.
- The Heart Center cardiologists are active in the community. Many live here in the Mid-Hudson Valley and northwestern Connecticut and personally enjoy educating the community about heart disease prevention and detection.
Conditions We Treat
Treatment and Technology
- Heart-Healthy Nutrition – gaining control of your diet is not easy, and we understand. Our registered dietitians are here to empower you to lose weight safely and lower your blood pressure and your cholesterol. Your preventive cardiologist will work together with you and your nutritionist to set achievable goals. You’ll find that conditions such as diabetes, digestive disorders and high blood pressure may improve as a result of your heart-healthy diet.
- Basal Metabolism Rate Testing (BMR) – the results of testing your Basal Metabolism Rate (BMR) reveal to you and your preventive cardiologist how many calories you should consume based on your individual body size, gender, age and activity level. Using these results, our registered dietitians, certified dietitian nutritionists, and exercise physiologists can help design a personalized diet and exercise program that will support your weight loss and overall well-being. You’ll be able to track your progress in meeting your wellness goals, reduce the risk of a heart attack and cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation – cardiac rehab helps you recover after heart procedures or surgery by improving your level of fitness and helping to prevent future cardiac incidents. Outpatient cardiac rehabilitation consists of medically supervised exercise programs in a safe and supportive atmosphere. Find a cardiac rehab location.
- Warfarin Clinic – heart rhythm disorders, blood clotting problems and valve replacements can be managed by thinning the blood with medications, one of which is Warfarin. The Heart Center’s Warfarin Clinic offers a customized approach to help you manage your anti-clotting medication. Your records are computerized for instant comparison with your past levels to enhance proper medication dosing. A simple “finger stick” provides the small amount of blood needed for analysis during your clinic visit and trained staff are available to provide you with information, education and rapid test results.
Additional services include:
- Fitness evaluation
- Monitored exercise programs
- Weight management programs
- Blood pressure and cholesterol management
- Diabetes management
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Psychosocial support
- Heart disease prevention education