The finest care for heart and vascular conditions begins with the latest cardiac testing to find out how your heart is working. Our cardiologists use leading-edge technology, advanced cardiac imaging, and diagnostic techniques to guide their decisions on the most effective cardiovascular treatment for you. Studies show that advanced cardiac imaging plays a vital role in successful outcomes for cardiovascular disease with real-time feedback that helps your treatment team make important choices. Advanced cardiovascular imaging is used through each step of your care, whether early diagnosis, ongoing monitoring or long-term treatment.
The vascular system is the medical name for all of the blood vessels in your body, such as veins and arteries, except for those in your heart. Many conditions can affect the arteries and the veins and excellent diagnostic tools are available to diagnose them. Our highly trained technicians can perform a variety of advanced diagnostic testing including ultrasounds, echocardiography and CT scans which help us to determine if any of those conditions are present.
Patients with vascular conditions often have complications from heart disease. This is why our team approach delivers advanced diagnostics and treatment for life-threatening and life-changing conditions such as aneurysm, stroke, deep vein thrombosis, peripheral arterial disease, chronic venous insufficiency, chronic total occlusion and thoracic outlet syndrome.
Why Choose Us?
- Here in the Mid-Hudson Valley and northwestern Connecticut, you’ll experience the compassionate care and expertise you used to have to travel to a big city for, comfortingly close to home.
- Our team is able to share digital cardiac imaging across our health system to ensure coordinated care. This means that your primary care providers, radiologists, cardiologists and specialists are able to quickly and seamlessly share diagnostic imaging, saving the stress and time spent on repeat testing.
- Your tests to treat possible cardiovascular disease are conducted in state-of-the-art imaging labs by technicians and directed by doctors with the highest level of training in their specialty.
- A team of specialists — cardiologists, imaging specialists, interventional cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and anesthesiologists — collaborate to discuss the safest course of action and most effective outcome for you.
- Each member of our staff is committed to patient-centered care and ensuring that you understand every procedure and test and the meaning of your test results.
Imaging and Testing Services
- Coronary CTA
- Holter monitoring
- MUGA – the MUGA scan is a highly accurate non-invasive way to test how well the ventricles (the lower heart chambers) are pumping.
- Tilt table test
- Stress testing –If you experience symptoms like chest pain, shortness of breath, or an irregular heartbeat, your cardiologist will want to know how your heart behaves when you are physically active. Cardiac stress testing measures your heart’s ability to respond to stress in a controlled environment. A stress test can reveal signs of cardiovascular diseases such as coronary artery disease or a heart rhythm problem (arrhythmia) and provide an understanding of how much exercise your heart can handle. There are two main types of cardiac stress testing:
- Vascular diagnostic testing