COVID-19 Temporary Visitation Policy
To continuously ensure a healthy and safe environment for patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, no visitors are allowed at any Nuvance Health hospital or facility until further notice. Please consider using technology to stay connected and offer support remotely.
The following exceptions apply. All allowable visitors will need to meet specific requirements before they are approved to visit:
- Any patients under age 21 — Two parents or guardians are permitted; only one allowed in the hospital at a time
- Maternity patients — One support person allowed if the following criteria are met:
- Support person drops the patient off at the appropriate hospital entrance and waits in their vehicle while the clinical team assesses the patient.
- If patient is in active labor, support partner will be screened for COVID-19 risk factors, including fever, and only allowed to join the patient if they pass the screening.
- Support person can then stay with the patient during labor through discharge from the hospital. If at any time the support partner exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, they will be screened again by staff, and may be required to leave the hospital. At that time, an alternative support person may be allowed, and will have to follow the same screening process.
- Support person must stay in the labor/delivery room at all times, and follow all personal protective equipment (PPE) guidelines as instructed by the care team. If support person exits the room, they may not be permitted to return.
- Extenuating circumstances — Patient’s care team will discuss special circumstances with the patient and their family/appropriate person(s). Extenuating circumstances may include: end-of-life care, life-threatening admission to the hospital, patient’s inability to thrive without support person, legal guardian required, or support person required for transportation.
Approved visitor requirements:
All approved visitors will be subject to an active screening for risk factors of COVID-19. Temperatures may be checked. Visitors should be prepared to answer questions about possible exposure to COVID-19 and recent travel. Visitors showing signs of respiratory illness (cough, fever, difficulty breathing/shortness of breath) and meet possible exposure criteria will be asked to go home. Visitors must stay in the patient’s room for the entire visit, and go directly to their vehicle after visiting the patient. Visiting hours may change as this situation develops. Please call the hospital to confirm visiting hours before coming to the hospital.
- COVID-19 suspected or confirmed patients — No visitors allowed
- Non-medical visitation — No visitation will be permitted for non-medical purposes such as going to the café. In addition, no food or personal items can be dropped off for patients by visitors unless it’s a communication assistance device (examples: phone, charger, glasses, hearing aids).
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this visitation policy may cause you and your family. This is a very important way to limit the risk of possible exposure to COVID-19 to you, your loved ones, and the community. We know that visitors and loved ones play an essential role as partners in healing and wellness. That’s why this visitation policy will be reevaluated daily and removed as soon as conditions allow.
Visit nuvancehealth.org/coronavirus for the latest information.
This visitation policy is subject to change.