Making your birthing experience as individual as you are.
Having a baby is a unique experience for every mother. When it comes to where you’ll have your baby, we know you have a choice. The Birthing Suites at Sharon Hospital is committed to supporting you and your partner as you experience the miracle of life. Childbirth is personal and that is why the comfort and privacy offered by our birthing suites is something our mothers return to from first baby to last.
Your team of highly skilled physicians, registered nurses and certified lactation consultants strive to provide the very best for you and your new family. Personalized care, a family centered approach, along with our spacious private birthing suites, provide a memorable experience for the birth of your baby.
We tailor our care to suit your medical needs and personal choice about the degree of intervention you prefer. During your stay, we will assist you with labor support, pain management, postpartum and new baby care.
Schedule a Tour or Join a Class
For more information, or to discuss taking a tour or attend one of our classes, please call the Birthing Suites at Sharon Hospital at (860) 364-4124.
Why Choose Us
Privacy, Security and Comfort, Close to Home
Each Sharon Hospital birthing suite is private and spacious for your comfort during labor, delivery and postpartum. We support your choice of no or low intervention childbirth, with the reassurance of knowing you are in a hospital where pain management and anesthesia are available. Our highly experienced childbirth educators, birthing team and outpatient support program will help you before, during and after birth.
Pregnancy and Postnatal Support
- Childbirth education classes
- Antenatal breastfeeding classes
- Breastfeeding and new mom support group
- Infant massage, baby signing, and nutrition classes
- Yoga during pregnancy
- Non-stress testing and ultrasound
- Our individual Birthing Suites feature
- Private, spacious labor, delivery, postpartum suites
- Newborn security system
- Central fetal monitoring and telemetry
- Anesthesia offered for pain management
- Birth registrar and notary services on site
- Complimentary celebration dinner before you take your new baby home
- Daily meals for you and your partner
- Private refrigerator in each room